Two – Hours of recreational screen time
Television, video games, computers, and smart phones are now part of our daily lives, but too much technology can be detrimental to our health. Kids and adults who spend a lot of time on their electronic devices are more likely to have health problems. Encourage your family to sit less and move more on a daily basis.
- Set limits on screen time for the whole family.
- Be a role model. If your kids see you observing the screen time rule, they will be more likely to follow.
- Make meals a time for family
- Turn the TV off during meals.
- Limit phone calls and texting during meals, or better yet, turn them off completely while eating.
- Keep TVs, computers and video games out of kids’ bedrooms.
- Make fun physical activities part of your family’s daily routine. Turn the TV off and go for a walk or play a game with your kids.
- If your family likes video games, try playing ones that require you to move.
- Encourage your children to read instead of watching TV or playing video games. You can read a book aloud to them or let them read on their own.
Click here for additional tips and info!