Resources for Schools & Educators
Here you can find some excellent resources for promoting healthy environments in education.
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement
- The mission of the Smarter Lunchrooms Movement is to equip school lunchrooms with evidence-based tools that improve child eating behaviors and thus improve the health of children.
- HealthierUS School Challenge: Smarter Lunchrooms
- The HealthierUS School Challenge: Smarter Lunchrooms is a voluntary certification initiative recognizing those schools enrolled in Team Nutrition that have created healthier school environments through promotion of nutrition and physical activity.
- The Playworks mission is to improve the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for physical activity and safe, meaningful play.
- Recess Rocks!
- Recess Rocks is a comprehensive movement program that helps reverse childhood obesity and enhance learning for elementary school children.
- Do More, Watch Less
- A cutting edge effort to help youth incorporate more screen-free activities into their free time while reducing the time they spend on screen-based activities such as watching TV, surfing the internet, and playing video games.
- Food and Health Communications
- Creative culinary resources for health educators.
- Chefs Move to Schools
- This website creates a platform for chefs and schools to create partnerships in their communities with the mission of collaboratively educating kids about food and healthy eating.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Healthy Fundraising at School